A Fortune 500 Financial Services firm with more than 50,000 employees, was undertaking a $500M digital transformation strategy, to enable the future of their financial services offerings across the nation. This included the adoption of cloud technologies and a modernization of security practices for the cloud.
UNCOMN was selected to provide security analysis, cloud design, cloud engineering and secure cloud implementation as the financial services firm stood up a cloud environment for the first-time. We worked across 14 different groups in the Technology organization to build out next-generation capabilities, developing a uniform, secure approach to leveraging Infrastructure as Code and optimal configuration as we advised the client’s with integrating best-in-class tools and processes.
- Created automated processes for cloud application workflow and policy saving over 20 hours of manual work per week
- Reduced risk of cloud related incidents due to misconfigurations by 80% using secure development operations and behavior processes
- Introduced modern identity and access methods reducing risk of account compromise attacks by 99.9 percent
- Produced over 30 in-depth documentation and best practice guides
- Established a custom never before implemented process for auditing user access within the cloud, aligning with company policy compliance and standards.